Full-Stack Software Engineer
Digital Lab at SICPA is at the forefront of shaping a new global digital trust infrastructure building the next generation of digital cash platform. Join our team and help build the next generation of digital cash platform. You will be responsible to build from scratch our portfolio of responsive web apps and help with backend systems. You will be challenged to turn applications around quickly but thoughtfully, balancing speed to market with maintainability and scalability, all in the name of extraordinary web experiences.
The successful candidate will have strong technical skills, and ability to navigate trade-offs, and a dedication to delivering quality code.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Build awesome web experiences using React.js.
- Build responsive web apps and accommodate different screen sizes, and device types.
- Building first-class RESTful APIs. •Design and review software architecture.
- Be hands-on and involved with every stage of the product development cycle.
- Contribute to standards and best practice for software engineering.
- Work with a cross-functional team of backend engineers, designers, and product managers to take ownership of the work you do from strategy to design to implementation to deployment and maintenance.
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience.
- 5 years software engineer experience with evidence of exceptional ability building web and/or mobile experiences.
- Development skills in backend languages such as Kotlin, Java or Python.
- •Familiarity with developing APIs with the care they deserve (e.g. gRPC/REST with OpenAPI/Swagger).
- Familiarity with cloud native deployment practices; specifically, containers and container orchestration platforms (Docker/Kubernetes/Helm) and the Kubernetes environment.
- Solid understanding of fundamental web technologies such as HTTP, REST, AJAX and JSON.
- Thorough understanding of React.js and its core principles.
- Experience with Unit Testing tools such as Jest or Enzyme and state container tools such as Redux.
- Experience with common front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack, NPM, etc.
- Familiar with Node.js and Express.
- Excellent mastery of web standards, cross-browser compatibility and accessibility.
- Strong CSS skills with experience building responsive applications across a variety of browsers and devices using modern CSS3 techniques.
- Ability to identify tasks which require automation and automate them.
- Knowledge of maintaining and debugging production software systems.
- You have a positive, can-do attitude, you bring new ideas and you are a fast learner.
- Fluent in English (French is an asset).
We offer an exciting and challenging role, with great potential for personal development within a unique organization in a fascinating and fast-growing industry. Your file will be handled with upmost confidentiality and discretion.