Sulzer is a global partner with reliable and sustainable solutions for performance-critical applications. We specialize in pumping solutions, separation, reaction, and mixing technology, as well as rotating equipment maintenance and services. Combining engineering and application expertise, our innovative solutions add value and strengthen the competitive position of our customers. Sulzer is a leading provider in its key markets: oil and gas, power and water. We serve clients worldwide through a network of over 150 locations.
Information Security Analyst
Information Security Analyst - Full Time - Winterthur, Switzerland
At Sulzer, you are empowered to deliver superior results. As a pioneer in industry we have a proud heritage of innovation and continue to evolve for the future. Join our story and create your own impact by developing your expertise and building solutions that help make our lives safer, smarter and more sustainable.
For our Group Information Security Team at our headquarters in Winterthur we are looking for an
Information Security Analyst (100%)
Reporting to the Chief Information Security Officer, the IT security analyst analyses the security measures of the company and determines their effectiveness, based on a risk assessment. The analyst is responsible for consulting and instructing staff to implement or be aware of company security measures. The analyst works with business administrators as well as IT professionals to improve security. In addition, the security professional works on security breaches or information security incidents in order to document the "lessons learned" and start additional security initiatives to fill security gaps.
Join our Global IT Security Team in Winterthur to help us take our IT Security to the next level.
In this role you will be accountable for:
- Supporting the design, implementation, operation and maintenance of the Information Security Management System (ISMS)
- Supporting development and management of security policies, standards, guidelines and procedures
- Supporting the CISO in approval and managing policy exceptions, security tickets and changes.
- Checking compliance against the security directives based ISO 27001/27002 by monitoring of the Sulzer IT landscape
- Supporting, developing and managing the information security risk assessment and control framework in accordance with the existing standards
- Providing security consulting for projects, network security architecture, network access and monitoring
- Employee education and awareness training
- Working with other executives to prioritize regional or global security initiatives based on appropriate risk management and/or financial methodology.
- Overseeing IT incident response planning as well as the investigation of IT security breaches and assist with disciplinary and legal matters associated with such breaches as necessary
To succeed in this role, you will need:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- Deep knowledge about Windows based operating systems. Including analysis of security issues e.g. interpreting log files, etc.
- Good communication skills in English
- Deep knowledge about networks with ability to perform investigations (log file analysis, etc.)
- Good knowledge about Information Security in general
- In minimum 2 years work experience, including experience in responding to security problems, looking at security alerts, front-line analysis and escalation
- Demonstrated ability to analyze, triage and escalate security incidents
- CISSP, CEH or equivalent certification
- Deep understanding of the current threat landscape including common attack types and malware capabilities
- Good knowledge in (Security) Data Analytics, Threat & Security Intelligence, Security Event and Incident Handling
- Attractive compensation
- Excellent social benefits
- Global development opportunities
- An innovative, vibrant and agile culture
- Central workplace, only 5 minutes from Winterthur central station
- The chance to make an impact at a global scale
Location: We are based in Winterthur. This is a great place with a high quality of life. In the historic old town you find many shops, cafés, bars and restaurants. Recreation areas can be reached in a short time from any point of the city.
Have a question about the role? Reach out to Sarah Peyer (email@example.com). We are looking forward to hearing from you!
Sulzer is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
82% of our employees recommend Sulzer as a good place to work - so come and join our story, starting today!