This is a role which sit at a very critical point within the Nielsen Total Audience Measurement and Cross Media solutions, where we construct the solutions driving our deep wider media landscape data collection, reporting and analysis. This team operates globally supporting Nielsen entities across the world, and consists of a highly skilled and experienced team of subject matter experts, some of whom have been doing their job for a long time, meaning substantial maturity/experiences.
Taking a hands-on approach to coordinating, supporting and working directly with multiple teams in multiple regions starting from the project's planning and execution until post-launch support and covering development, testing and user acceptance.
- The iMedia application development team of Nielsen which has teams operating in Lugano, Poland, Malaysia, India and Australia is where we develop the applications driving the solutions we apply across 30+ countries for our Total Audience Measurement solutions, - meaning where we measure and report on the TV/radio and media streaming viewing/listening preferences of entire populations.
- The software developers we have in these teams are not just people who can write code, - but developers able to solve challenging problems, - find solutions to complex issues, - many of which are pioneering, - all new and never done before.
- Our tech stack is under constant development, - why this role also requires a certain level of ability to adapt, - learn new skills and to grow as our product and solution offerings evolve.
- Consulting with stakeholders to determine the scope of software development projects.
- Collaborating with the team on application design and development.
- Developing software and overseeing the deployment of applications across platforms.
- Performing diagnostic tests and debugging procedures.
- Creating end-user application feedback channels.
- Optimizing software by performing maintenance, updates, and upgrades.
- Documenting processes and maintaining software development records.
- C++ standard & deep maintance (memory/ performance) level of experience required: 7
- Fluency in spoken and written English and of advantage if able to speak and write Italian level of experience required: 7
- STL , level of experience required: 7
- C++ 11, level of experience required: 6
- .NET + C# level of experience required: 6
- MFC level of experience required: 6
- Algorithm level of experience required: 7
- Windows level of experience required: 6
- Web Development level of experience required: 5
- Design level of experience required: 5
- Win 32 level of experience required: 5
- DB level of experience required: 4
- WPF level of experience required: 3
- Linux level of experience required: 2
- Test-Driven Development and testing frameworks
What we offer:
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a varied and demanding area of responsibility as well as an open corporate culture with numerous development opportunities. Above all, our employees appreciate the ability to work independently in a motivated and very friendly team. Social responsibility, open communication and living our values can be found not only on our homepage, but also in everyday work.