Our employees reflect the diversity of our customers, the markets where we operate and the communities which we serve. No matter what your position, you will have a vital role in safely feeding the world and taking care of our planet. Join us and help shape the future of agriculture.
IT Developer (Rotational Scheme)
We are offering a 3-year scheme for young talents with keen interest in science, data, and technology as well as passion for sustainability and agriculture. Our scheme will offer various role opportunities for graduates, with well-established rotations each year to provide a comprehensive overview of the IT technology landscape, diverse R&D and IT teams and their ways of working, including how to use Agile methodology and cloud computing.
IT Developer (Rotational Scheme)
We are looking for recent graduates and final year undergraduates, as we are offering you the first step in your career. Prior work experience is useful but not essential as we will support you from day one. You will have a leadership ambition, self-motivation, and desire to build a successful career in Syngenta. This is a fantastic opportunity to gain real IT experience in an exciting R&D environment working alongside technical, scientific, and data-driven colleagues.
Moreover, you will be able to individually shape your roles in the next 3 years. You can decide to pursue a technical specialist journey by exploring roles such as Developer, DevOps Engineer and Solution Architect, or decide for a managerial path such as Business Analyst, Project/Product Manager and Scrum Master, or combine both depending on your development plans.
Your experimentalist mindset, curiosity, and willingness to try things out will inspire others as you innovate and learn together. We will need you to communicate well and be happy to spend time researching information when required. You will also need to be comfortable with working remotely via Zoom.
In return we will provide training and mentoring to support your longer term personal and professional development and speed up your leadership journey.
Direct accountabilities will differ depending on the specific role that you will take on each year. You choose!
In general, in each role you will be accountable for:
- Bringing fresh perspective and experimental mindset to inspire and challenge established teams
- Promoting and actively implementing Agile methodologies and internal standards
- Liaising with Communities of Practice to gain and share experiences, skills, and innovation across IT
- Contributing to various initiatives that bring value to our communities and stakeholders
- Highlighting risks
- Minimum bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in computer science or STEM degrees (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics)
- Some knowledge of either IT infrastructure (cloud or physical), application or data management
- Keen interest in technology and science in the external world
- Awareness of emerging technologies
- Ability to work autonomously with suitable guidance and support, in a complex scientific or business sustainability environment while still ensuring full compliance with all internal and external standards
- Ability to manage complexity and uncertainty, including self-driven research and learning
- Good communication skills with a willingness to ask questions
- Strong customer focus and teamwork skills
- Self-motivated, organized, and proactive
- Fluency in English
What we offer:
- We offer a position which contributes to valuable and impactful work in a stimulating and international environment
- Flexible working arrangements and environment with an open culture and diverse workforce
- The opportunity to work with and learn from highly qualified and experienced employees
- Learning culture (Together we Grow) and wide range of training options
- You will profit from an onsite doctor, gym, canteen, and other benefits
Interested? We look forward to receiving your online application including all relevant documents (cover letter and CV, diploma, certificates) - reference number 18042675.
Please be aware that the job title may differ from the position title.
Did you know? Syngenta has been ranked as a top employer by Science Journal.
Syngenta is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.