Sonar’s industry-leading solution enables developers and development teams to write clean code and remediate existing code organically, so they can focus on the work they love and maximize the value they generate for businesses. Its open source and commercial solutions – SonarLint, SonarCloud, and SonarQube – support 30 programming languages. Trusted by more than 400,000 organizations globally, Sonar is considered integral to delivering better software.
SonarSource provides a series of products to help engineers eliminate bugs and vulnerabilities, and champion quality code in the software development process. Our products are already the standard products that extend Github, Bitbucket, and Azure DevOps. Our goal is to make these products the ultimate automatic code analysis solution and get it adopted by millions of users for millions of projects and billions of lines of code. This means managing a set of complex code delivery pipelines using next-generation tooling that implement robust security processes, scales, is fully automated, and provides data that enables us to ensure we continuously improve the service quality to our internal engineering teams. To achieve this goal, we are looking for a talented Release Engineer - you! - to join the SonarSource team.
Your mindset and skills
You have solid experience in advanced DevOps discipline, have implemented security tested pipelines across infrastructure and applications, ensuring robust security practices are implemented and adhered to. You understand the engineers’ perspective in supporting customer-facing production services and their needs for automation of builds and deployments, be that of application or infrastructure code. You have a development background and believe in having Dev and Ops profiles (and more!) working together as a tightly-knit team. You are motivated by both technical and functional aspects of services. Your motto is “anything that needs to be done twice should be automated”. You challenge the status quo.
You are pragmatic and strive for continuous improvement through small increments. You demonstrate a scientific approach to systems management through observation, analysis, testing, and automation. You are a friendly, enthusiastic, and organized team player. You actively share your knowledge, give and receive feedback, to improve the team and yourself. You are fluent in English, both spoken and written.
Required technical skills:
• Good knowledge of Agile software development
• Good knowledge of continuous integration concepts
• Good knowledge of Git/Github
• Knowledge of Docker
• Fluent in one of the following build technologies: Maven, Gradle, MsBuild, NPM, Yarn
• Nice to have: knowledge of Kubernetes, GCP or AWS, or any cloud provider.
The impact you can have
The Release engineering team is composed of passionate engineers who are fully engaged to deliver the best products that help development teams deliver their clean and safe infrastructure and software code. We want to bring release engineering to the next level. You will be the one pushing forward our design for a next-gen pipeline to support our delivery capability in both infrastructure, software, and packaging delivery across our products, internal tools, and customer-facing websites. This includes the review and selection of tools where changes are needed to achieve our objectives.
As a Release Engineer, you will
- Design end-to-end pipelines for software and infrastructure deployment across our product needs.
- Implement and maintain the pipelines in terms of upgrades of software components or adjustments based on needs (new or modifications to a pipeline).
- Security testing and enhancement of the pipeline to ensure it is robust and secure.
- Work towards a recurring rebuild of the pipeline itself to ensure that configuration drift is reduced.
- Collaborate with teams to help generalize standards to simplify management and avoid specializations where they can be avoided
- Collaborate with infrastructure to ensure requirements for underlying compute, storage, and networking is scalable
- Own the tools involved in the pipeline and their configuration ex-user management
- Active devolution of ownership to teams through automation
- Leverage SaaS where we can whilst ensuring robust security engineering.
The skills you will demonstrate
- Highly autonomous and pragmatic
- Open-minded and very positive can-do attitude
- Comfortable in dealing with change and complexity
- Self-confident enough to challenge the status quo as well as to receive feedback
- Leadership: you take initiative and demonstrate your ability to lead a subject from beginning to end
- Ability to lead change of infrastructure and work with developers
- Valuing “done” over “perfect”
Words from the team
Our team is made of 4 passionate teammates making sure our service provides the features engineers need for both application and infrastructure delivery, be that to our cloud product (SonarCloud), packaged products such as SonarQube, or SonarLint and our customer-facing sites and our internal tooling capabilities. We use Cloud Service Providers to achieve our objectives and in many cases leverage SaaS best-of-breed solutions.
Why you will love it here
- Safe work culture - we value respect, kindness, and the right to fail.
- Flexible hours - we schedule our days in order to be effective at work, while also being able to enjoy life’s important moments.
- Great people - we value people skills as much as technical skills and strive to keep things friendly and laid back. Still, that does not prevent us to be passionate leaders in our domains. Our 300+ SonarSourcers from 33 different nationalities can relate!
- Work-life balance - keeping a healthy work-life balance is important. This is why we have a hybrid work policy and some people prefer working some days from home.
- Always keep learning - in an ever-changing industry, learning new skills is a must, and we're happy to help our team to acquire them.
What we do
Sonar was started by a team of developers that wanted to change the way code is built in an agile development process. The company was created to develop the open-source tool SonarQube, which is now the standard in code quality management with over 350,000 instances deployed today. Every day we are focused on solving developers’ next big problem.
Who we are
At Sonar we believe in people, excellence, and delivery. We’re a team of problem solvers and overachievers who seek out others who are also passionate and relentless in their respective missions. We want to work with people who are ready to fasten their seat belts and be part of an incredible ride. We work hard not because we’re told to, but because we genuinely love what we do and do what we love. If there’s one main message we want you to remember about us, it’s that we push others to be best in class at whatever they do: choose your battle, innovate, take risks, and lead change. Join us; we’ll be smarter and stronger together.
If this sounds like you, apply now!