Senior Data Engineer, Data Architecture
Our team members are at the heart of everything we do. At AmerisourceBergen Global Manufacturer Services, we are united in our responsibility to create healthier futures, and every person here is essential to us being able to deliver on that purpose. If you want to make a difference at the center of health, come join our innovative company and help us improve the lives of people and animals everywhere. Apply today!
Senior Data Engineer, Data Architecture
Under general direction of the Manager - Data Architecture, this role is responsible for designing, prototyping, and developing new analytics solutions for global pharmaceutical manufacturers. This includes translating functional requirements into technical design documents, developing working prototypes and data solutions, providing the solution design to 3rd party vendors, and implementing required enhancements to the solution. This role is also responsible to validate the technical quality and usability of the solution creating and executing system test and regression test plans.
This is an individual contributor role, with no management responsibilities, and has significant technical responsibilities, with a focus on the preparation of data and systems to support analytics.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Translate functional requirements into technical design documents and diagrams (e.g. ER diagrams, Data Lineage).
- Ensure compliance of technical solution design documents and deliverables with business and functional requirements.
- Build, optimize, and maintain conceptual and logical database models.
- Create working prototypes that demonstrate the value of new analytics solutions.
- Develop backend and frontend artifacts for new analytics solutions.
- Improve information systems performance by conducting tests, troubleshooting, and integrating new elements.
- Support other team members in defining, optimizing, and reviewing queries to retrieve data from the information systems in place.
- Execute system testing.
- Facilitate migration of data visualization tools integrated with the analytics platform and support reports path to UAT.
- Monitor data delivery processes and analytics platform to ensure quality assurance control are executed.
- Monitor application’s performance and infrastructure’s capacity and usage.
Experience, Educational and Permit Requirements
- Broad training in fields such as computer science, engineering, mathematics, or similar subjects, generally obtained through completion of a bachelor’s degree program.
- Demonstrated experience in the development and implementation of data solutions and analytics services.
- Demonstrated experience in Databricks.
- Experience executing as a data engineer, or data analyst.
- Experience with pharmaceutical product and supply chain data is a plus.
- Two to four (2 - 4) years of relevant work experience.
- Only applicants who are currently authorized to work in Switzerlandor can independently secure a work permit for Switzerland will be considered.
Minimum skills, knowledge and ability requirements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills across internal and external partners and manufacturer customers with English being the primary language of communication.
- Data solutions development experience.
- Strong knowledge of Databricks, oriented for development, is a must.
- Knowledge of Snowflake is a plus.
- Knowledge of Business Intelligence and data visualization tools, with preference to Tableau.
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills.
- Knowledge of data mining and segmentation techniques.
- Knowledge of “Extract, Transform and Load” (ETL) frameworks.
- Understanding of database structure principles, SQL and Oracle.
- Proficiency in SQL and analysis tools.
- Ability to gather and analyze business and functional requirements and translate them into technical system requirements.
- High-level knowledge of programming languages is a plus (e.g., Python, VBA, .NET).
- Knowledge of Microsoft office suite with proficiency in Excel and Access.
- Strong organizational skills; attention to detail.
- Tact, diplomacy and courtesy; strong interpersonal skills.
What we offer
We provide attractive compensation, benefits, and resources that enable a highly inclusive culture and support our team members’ ability to live with purpose every day. We provide several benefits beyond traditional offerings, including monthly healthcare and transportation allowances and an annual bonus plan. To encourage your personal growth, we also offer a variety of training programs, professional development resources, and opportunities to participate in mentorship programs, employee resource groups, volunteer activities, and much more.