- 80 - 100%
Do you want to make a difference as an experienced Backend Software Engineer and become part of the "digital security of Switzerland"? We look forward to hearing from you!
(Senior) Backend Software Engineer
SwissSign is a subsidiary of Swiss Post and offers identity services under the SwissID brand and certificate services under the SwissSign brand. SwissID is Switzerland's digital identity, which enables simple and secure access to the online world. Thanks to electronic certificates, data can be exchanged in encrypted form and thus protected from unauthorized access. As a Swiss Trust Service Provider (TSP), SwissSign protects all data according to the highest security standards and keeps it in Switzerland.
As an experienced Backend Software Engineer you not only develop software and software components, but also assist defining the software architectures. Preferably, you are familiar with security topics, so that it is easy for you to analyse software systems with regard to security risks.
An overview of your tasks:
- Analysis of new software requirements for their feasibility and complexity
- Investigate and assess the feasibility of alternative solutions
- Define the interfaces to the components (APIs) and the data models used by the systems
- Write appropriate tests for the software and evaluating tools for software development
- Analysis of faults and maintenance of existing systems where bugs are identified and implement necessary security measures
- Designing and implementing software improvements in the software life cycle
- University/technical college degree in computer science or comparable
- 5+ years experience in Java
- Knowledge of Gitlab, docker, Kubernets is an advantage
- Good analytical and communication skills, hands-on mentality and doer qualities
- Fun and pleasure to work in a team and to become better together every day
- Good oral and written English, German is an advantage
We offer flexible working hours and, on request, part-time work. Working from home is also part of our working model if required and depending on the activity.
You can expect a modern working environment with a great deal of start-up spirit and plenty of creative scope. Personal responsibility and active participation are expressly desired. We communicate directly and have flat hierarchies.
Maintaining a healthy work-life balance is important to us. This is why you get six weeks of holidays.
Our location directly next to Glattbrugg railway station has excellent transport connections (S-Bahn, tram and bus). We also support the use of public transport and finance your Half-Fare travelcard.
Our pension plan comprises benefits exceeding the compulsory amount and includes an attractive allocation of savings contributions. The employer's contribution is 70%, the employee's contribution 30%.
Health promotion is important to us. All employees have a modern, height-adjustable workstation. Every week a selection of fruit is available for free and sports enthusiasts motivate each other in the jogging group.
We attach great importance to qualified employees and therefore explicitly promote further training measures which are important for current or future activities.
With us you will find a dynamic, international team with great colleagues. We often like to meet for a beer after work.
With us you can telephone free of charge. We cover your mobile subscription costs so you can concentrate on other things.