Unity is a proprietary, cloud-based, central hub for editorial staff teams, which empowers writers and journalists to publish, review, and distribute different types of media and articles to a variety of online TX Group news sites and platforms (like Tages-Anzeiger, Basler Zeitung, 20 Minuten etc.).
Unity is built from the ground up with multi-tenancy and multi-user collaboration in mind, with a contemporary approach based on microservices, websockets, and a modern front-end stack, and is developed by a core team of focused and ambitious software engineers.
As a Senior Backend Engineer, you will help us write the digital future of TX Group's media businesses. You will help to conceive, architect, design, and build our new world-class CMS system in our Publishing Technology Solutions group.
Senior Backend Engineer
What you bring:
- You are a dyed-in-the-wool geek, who dreams in loosely-coupled components. You love the possibilities that technology opens up, but you also recognize that not all shiny new technologies are ready for prime time.
- You attended a good technical university, and since then you have built up many years of experience, and learned from a bunch of mistakes.
- You enjoy helping other engineers to grow, and you know that having others challenge your ideas will help you to improve.
- Backend engineering is your favorite activity, and you are fluent in mature technologies like Java, Spring, Hibernate, RabbitMQ, and ElasticSearch, but can also help identify newer tech that might propel us forward.
- Knowing your way around Linux, GIT, Docker, Kubernetes, and AWS would be helpful.
- Our technology groups tend to use English as a lingua franca, but if you speak some German, that would be a plus.
What we bring:
- TX Group is writing its digital-first future, and you can help pave the way.
- The tools we build allow journalists to deliver news to millions of users.
- Our team works with microservices and messaging concepts, all running in the cloud; you can also expect an environment of clean code and clean unit tests.
Come and join our family of friendly, smart geeks!
Talent Acquisition Specialist