The Impact you can have
SonarCloud is an online service to eliminate bugs and vulnerabilities, and champion quality code in the software development process. It is already the standard product that extends Github, Bitbucket and Azure DevOps. Our goal is to make it the ultimate online automatic code analysis solution and get it adopted by millions of users for millions of projects and billions of lines of code.
We want to make the best decisions we can for our products and in order to do that we want to make data-driven decisions.
To achieve this goal, we are looking for a talented Data Engineer - you! - to join the SonarCloud team.
On a daily basis, you will
- Design and implement streaming data capabilities into a data lake that acts as a central analytics data repository across SonarSource.
- Maintain evergreen data flow documentation across systems
- Establish and/or develop connectors to current data sources of interest.
- Establish data cleansing and mapping processes to fit into the defined data dictionary.
- Implement appropriate entitlement controls around data access
- Continuously enhance the domain through changes on analytics services design and implementation
- Work with SREs to ensure operability, resilience and scale is core to the design.
- Collaborate with the incident manager to bring your expertise when asked and own implementation of recommendations from post-mortems.
- Work closely with the Data Gardeners to ensure the analytics components are aligned with the functional needs
- Work with the security function to ensure we adhere to expected security standards.
- Collaborate with the various stakeholders (Product Managers, Product Marketing Managers, Languages Team, SonarCloud team, ...) to implement the analytics they need
Together we will make SonarCloud the undisputed online world-leading code analysis service!
The skills you will demonstrate
- You have solid experience at developing analytics components: exposed to big data architecture essentials, streaming, SQL queries, ETL batches, dashboards, data lake
- You see yourself as a developer working on data. You are motivated by both technical and functional aspects of services
- You are a friendly, enthusiastic and organized team player. You actively share your knowledge, give and receive feedback, to improve the team and yourself
- You are fluent in English, both written and spoken
- Infrastructure as code, Data lake, ETL, information visualization, multidimensional modeling, schema modeling, automated tests
- Strong experience with the AWS platform
- Managed cloud services: Athena, Glue, CloudFormation, Step functions, S3, CloudWatch, Lambdas, SQS/SNS, etc… or equivalents
- SQL, Python, Git, Jupyter
- Okera or other access control layers
- Visualization tools such as, but not limited to: Tableau, AWS Insights or Looker
- PostgreSQL, query plans
SonarSource is a company with offices in Geneva (Switzerland), Annecy (France), and Bochum (Germany). The role can be based in either office.
How to perform during interviews
If you want to have an overview of the hiring process and maximize your chances to pass, feel free to check our Interview Preparation Guide!
Words from the Team
We come from different backgrounds, and countries, and have diverse skills and personalities. We are a group of 20+ people having fun at work. We build and run SonarCloud: together we are the SonarCloud team!