Overview of business area or project:
The Collateral Trading Services (CTS) IT team is part of Global Trading Solutions (GTS) IT department within the Investment Bank (IB).
The IT team is responsible for the development of applications and software solutions to support Securities Lending & Borrowing and Repo trading within Switzerland, Luxembourg and Asia Pacific.
- SQLServer database schemas, queries and stored procedures
- Tabular Business Intelligence models developed in SSAS (SQLServer Analysis Services)
- PowerBI reports and dashboards
- Sybase database queries and stored procedures
- Data feeds to downstream systems and processing of feeds from upstream systems
- Batch jobs written in Perl and PowerShell
- Help capture business requirements in the form of User Stories
- Onboard the reporting solution to the firm's deployment pipeline
- Work directly with Business users at all levels on small projects such as report and dashboard development
- Assist the 3rd level support team on high priority support incidents which have been escalated to app. Dev
- Support the test team in testing activities
- Request and provision new environments at all stages (development, test, production)
- Prepare and deploy release packages to UAT environment
- Prepare release documentation, ensure that release candidates meet the requirements of the change approval board (CAB) and present change requests at the approval board on a regular basis
- Collaborate with off-shore IT development team based in Poland and India
Overview of the department / team (team size, backgrounds, personalities …):
The development team consists of:
10 resources in Zurich, Switzerland (developers, business analysts and project Managers)
7 developers in Wroclaw, Poland
10 developers in Pune, India.
Challenges Contractor will be facing in this role:
Although the candidate will be part of the Zurich team, the SSAS and PowerBI element of this particular role is relatively new and not widely understood by the other team members, therefore the successful candidate will often need to create solutions and solve problems through existing knowledge or research rather than peer guidance.
Additionally, there is no dedicated Business Analyst to gather requirements for the reporting and dashboard solution, instead the candidate will need to liaise directly with the users or management for requirements. This is presents a very good opportunity to gain exposure to traders and business but does mean the candidate must have an analytical mindset and willingness to comprehend business problems and processes.
Essentials Skills and Qualifications:
- 7+ Years of experience and expert knowledge of MS SQLServer as a developer including query performance tuning
- Strong understanding of SSAS tabular model development and DAX
- Good working knowledge of PowerBI and MS Excel pivot tables
- Knowledge of PowerShell, Windows Server, Power BI Report Server (PBRIS)
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Previous experience of developing IT projects within a banking firm
- Knowledge of Securities Lending, Repo and Collateral trading
- Sybase ASE query and stored procedure development
- Prior experience of GiT, DevOps, CI/CD
Candidate Value Proposition:
The successful candidate will be working closely with business users and therefore has the opportunity to gain strong business knowledge and subject matter expertise in the Securities Lending and Repo area of an Investment Bank.
The candidate will also have the opportunity to help on-board application components on to the firm's new deployment pipeline processes and will therefore gain exposure to continuous integration and deployment practices aligned to DevOps principles.