Senior Embedded Software Application Engineer
Start: Upon agreement
In our Digital Sense Business Unit, we are developing an embedded control platform for complex automation solutions for Bühler machines, which is also key element in our Automation strategy 2025. Based on this platform, we are developing industrial weighing and dosing applications, best in class. Are you ready to take on challenge to bring this next generation of scales and dosers to the next level?
Find out more about our latest products under:
- Embedded software development and life cycle management for market leading weighing and dosing applications
- Supporting and coaching of other software developers within Digital Sense and in different business areas using the same Bühler Embedded System Platform
- Close collaboration with other software or mechanical R&D teams, technologists, commissioning engineers and product management to clarify requirements, define concept and validate after implementation
- Maintain complete software documentation to professional standards by creating sequence, state machine diagrams, design patterns and software requirement documents
- Testing of new prototype machines in-house and commissioning at customer site
- Support lifecycle management and the further development of the global Embedded System Platform in collaboration with the core development team
- Bachelor of Science (Software/ Mechanical Engineering or related subject)
- Minimum 5 years industrial experience in Embedded C Programming as well as experience of industrial weighing standards, software design and control algorithm
- Experience in industrial interfaces, fieldbus protocols as well as Linux and Git
- Fluent German and high standard of spoken and written English essential
- Good communication skills and able to work in customer facing situations
- Willing and able to work with global cultures as well as willingness to travel aprox. 5%
- Career and personal development, Cross-cultural working environment, Employer-funded pension plan, Attractive insurance coverage, Canteen, Parking area, Profit-sharing
- Cover letter, Resume, Transcripts, Letters of recommendation, Certifications
Who we are
Bühler as an employer
We are working to create sustainable innovations for a better world. Our aim is to transform the world's most pressing food and mobility challenges into sustainable technologies, process solutions and business models. At Bühler, you are empowered to show initiative and take responsibility. In our family-owned company, personal success goes hand in hand with shared success. We foster a diverse and inclusive workplace where integrity and courage are key drivers of our success. We support your personal development because we want you to make a difference. By joining Bühler, you will be helping us tackle global challenges while at the same time meeting the needs of our customers.
Bühler is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity and inclusion at our company, therefore, it's important that you match us and we match you. Regardless of your gender (m/f/d).
Questions? We're happy to help!
Junior Recruiting Specialist