Zurich is a leading multi-line insurer that serves its customers in global and local markets. With about 55,000 employees, it provides a wide range of property and casualty, life insurance products and services in more than 215 countries and territories. Zurich's customers include individuals, small businesses, and mid-sized and large companies, as well as multinational corporations.
As a team within Technology & Transformation at Zurich Insurance, we provide all insurance-specific IT services for the P&C Claims Switzerland business unit. To strengthen our team, we are looking for a Platform Architect. As a Platform Architect, you will be actively involved in the further development of our IT landscape and the implementation of our digitalization strategy. In doing so, you will conceptualize, plan, and design the IT architectures, taking into account strategy, cost-effectiveness, quality and feasibility. You can expect exciting project tasks within the framework of the Zurich customer strategy. You will work in an innovative environment with interfaces to various strategic projects.
What you do
- The identification and analysis of functional and non-functional requirements for the applications in the P&C Claims area
- The development of IT solution concepts as well as the definition of the technologies to be used based on the requirements from the business units and IT in the development, maintenance and integration of web applications as well as the customization and integration of industry platforms from external suppliers
- Development and maintenance of the IT strategy and architecture for the P&C claims area and its integration into the overall IT landscape (participation)
- Collaborating with the Domain and Enterprise Architecture on strategy and architecture development, implementing the specifications from the group-wide and local Enterprise Architecture in the domain/claims area
- Defining and documenting standards and system technical descriptions
- Leading technical architecture topics in claims projects
- Advising the business unit on digitization topics and technology deployment
- Conducting architecture and design reviews
- Leading the implementation teams in terms of adoption, application and compliance of architecture and security standards and solution concepts
What you bring
- University degree in Computer Science or Business Information Technology or equivalent, higher education with strong ICT skills at least Bachelor level
- At least 5 years of professional experience in the conception and design of IT solutions and their integration into complex IT landscapes
- At least 2 years of experience designing architectures using Guidewire products (Guidewire ClaimCenter is a plus)
- Very good understanding of integration patterns, microservices and API design
- Knowledge of Java, Tomcat, Microsoft Azure, container technologies, and identity and access management is a plus
- Broad experience working with internal and external software development teams
- Experience in the insurance industry is a plus
- Good communication skills at a wide variety of levels and in interdisciplinary collaboration
- Fluent English, ideally German language skills or willingness to learn German
Talent Acquisition Consultant: Clemens Denzler (+41 44 628 28 43)
Full time and par time: 80-100%
Work location: Zurich, Oerlikon
Remote Work: up to 60%
We look forward to receiving your online application - even without a cover letter. You are welcome to convince us of your motivation in a personal meeting.
Who we are
Zurich is a strong brand - more than 1.4 million Swiss customers place their trust in our products and services. Our 53,000 employees worldwide form the basis of our success, helping our customers in 210 countries and territories to understand and protect themselves from risk. In order to deliver our services, we offer our employees flexible working models and interesting opportunities for further training & development. As a Zurich employee you benefit from a multitude of advantages as well as a strong culture, characterized by acceptance, diversity and team spirit.
At Zurich, we foster a culture of diversity and inclusion. Our purpose and values are designed to protect, inspire confidence and help our employees reach their full potential. We value and defend what is right and promote opportunities for equity among our professionals, regardless of gender, disability, LGBTQ +, race, ethnicity, generations, belief, etc. Our talent acquisition and hiring processes respect this commitment daily. Join Zurich and be part of this culture.
Information for recruitment agencies
Zurich accepts no applications from recruitment agencies for this position. We therefore request that recruitment agencies do not submit any candidate documents neither via our employees nor through our online career portal. We refuse any responsibility for unsolicited applications as well as any associated fees. Thank you for your understanding.