For our client, a Swiss Bank, we are looking an IT Business Engineer Tax Reporting for a 12 months project in Lucerne, Switzerland (extension intended).
IT Business Engineer Tax Reporting
- Location: Lucerne, Switzerland
- Sector: Banking
- Duration: 12 months with extension intention
Overview of business area or project:
Client Tax Solution Delivery caters for all the IT applications providing tax services to the clients and the authorities for the entire Private Banking arm. This includes support to the clients to file their tax reports in dozens of different countries and also to support them to reclaim withholding taxes where appropriate. We also ensure correct reporting and withholding in over 70 different countries. This includes Withholding Tax regimes (e.g. in the US) as well as the automatic exchange of information or FATCA (US). We work closely with Tax Operations, Group Tax and Regulatory Change.
- Analyze the business requirements, to estimate and define IT solutions together with the engineers, to write user stories and to ensure successful implementation
- Perform application testing, to analyze defects and production incide
- Present new functionality implemented at the agile sprint demo to business stakeholders.
- Coordinate releases, fixes and tests for internally developed as well as vendor software.
- Contact to vendor for issues, fixes and patches.
- Work in an agile environment and together with project different teams and stakeholders
Challenges Contractor will be facing in this role:
As many of the projects are driven by regulatory requirements time pressure is often given. The regulatory requirements can be challenging and the current application landscape is large and complex.
We work in a complex environment from technical as well as business perspective. We have internally developed software as well as integrated vendor software and tax reporting is a topic that requires a lot of knowledge to fully understand e2e processes.
Essentials Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor in IT or Economics (Wirtschaftsinformatik) OR an IT apprenticeship (Informatiker EFZ
- Knowledge of technologies like SQL, HTML, XML, JSON, REST
- Experience with working in IT application development projects
- Motivation to learn new things in banking and tax reporting matters
- German (fluent) and English (advanced)
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience with Tax Reporting (FATCA, QI, CRS)
Please apply online or contact Nadja directly on +41 44 296 8842.