Interactive Brokers ("IBKR"), a subsidiary of publicly-traded Interactive Brokers Group, Inc., based in Greenwich, Connecticut (NASDAQ: IBKR) is a low-cost provider of trade execution and clearing services for active traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. IBKR’s premier technology provides electronic access to stocks, options, futures, forex, bonds, and funds worldwide from a single IBKR Integrated Investment account. IBKR is one of the largest online brokers by trade volume and is consistently ranked at the top of its field.
Our employees are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast-paced, results-oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
Our headquarters are in Greenwich, CT, USA. IBKR has offices in the United States, Australia, Canada, China, Estonia, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Japan, Luxembourg,Russia, Singapore, Switzerland and United Kingdom.
IBKR is a member of NYSE, FINRA, and SIPC. Interactive Brokers Group brokerage affiliates are regulated by securities and commodities agencies around the world.
Click HERE to view a short video with a few words from current Interactive Brokers employees.
(If the hyperlink is not active, copy and paste the following URL in your browser: https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/index.php?f=31899)
For more information, please visit www.ibkr.com/info
We are looking for a L1 System Administrator/ Help Desk Support Specialist with good knowledge and ability to communicate effectively understanding complex problems and explain their solution. The position is well-suited for an organized individual who can meet deadlines, follow written procedures, and collaborate for improvements.
The System Administrator/ Help Desk team provides enterprise-level assistance to our internal user community. In this role you will diagnose and troubleshoot software and hardware problems and help our customers install applications and programs. Ultimately, you will be a person our users will trust. They will rely on you to provide timely and accurate solutions to their technical problems.
- Take ownership of internal user issues reported and seeing problems through to resolution
- Researching, diagnosing, troubleshooting, and identifying solutions to resolve system issues including account setup and network configuration
- Follow standard procedures for proper escalation of unresolved issues to the appropriate internal teams
- Properly escalate unresolved issues to appropriate internal teams (e.g. software developers)
- Talk to clients (internal) through a series of actions, either via phone, email or chat, until they have solved a technical issue. Follow up after the troubleshooting
- Document technical knowledge in the form of notes and manuals. Prepare accurate and timely reports
- Prioritize and manage several open issues at one time. Ensure all issues are properly logged
Qualifications, Skills & Attributes
- BS degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or relevant field / or apprenticeship in IT or in another technical discipline combined with professional experience
- Experience as Technical Support Engineer, Desktop Support Engineer, IT Help Desk Technician, or similar role
- Experience with Linux, Mac OS, MicroSoft Windows, VMware environments as well as basic networking skills
- Good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices, and other tech products
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot basic technical issues
- Familiarity with remote desktop applications
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills
- Ability to provide step-by-step technical help, both written and verbal
- Additional certification in Linux, Mac, MicroSoft Windows, Jamf, Code42 or similar technologies is a plus