At our headquarters in Baar, we are seeking for the breastfeeding / healthcare / operations business unit
- Participate in the planning, justification, acquisition and implementation of the IT infrastructure
- Architect the IT infrastructure consisting of computing servers and peripheral equipment, and data and voice network services including storage management, backup and recovery
- Optimize operations and support structures to create an efficient and effective IT infrastructure covering responsible area
- Monitor the performance of the IT Infrastructure and take proactive steps to prevent service interruptions, and perform preventive maintenance, hardware and firmware upgrades
- Coordinate component replacements with suppliers and other teams to limit interruptions. Insure that operations are performed in a reliable and predictable "production quality" manner. Report failures and follow-up on potential problems until operations are restored to full service
- Planning and execution of trainings for world-wide 1st and 2nd level Service Desks, creation of training documentation and general documentation
- Interaction on multiple levels with people throughout all Medela organization and with suppliers, functional and cross-functional, to provide the appropriate IT technologies to increase operational efficiency
- High education in Technical or Business informatics
- At least 10 years working experience in a comparable environment
- Demonstrated knowledge and practical experience in Microsoft related systems and services as well as in SAN technology, Storage solutions (preferable NetApp), Citrix systems, Microsoft products and backup technologies
- Result oriented personality with a high contribution level
- Team player who is able to work in a virtual and distributed team
- Customer friendly and pro-active
- Fluent in written and spoken English
At Medela, you will be joining a global community of colleagues, united by the purpose that drives our business: helping people. Medela exists to advance human health and wellbeing through knowledge-based and innovative human milk and medical vacuum solutions.
Our employees are empowered to serve this purpose in a family-owned company that is growing rapidly around the world. We value intensive exchanges, diverse perspectives, and unbureaucratic decisions. You will have the opportunity to develop at an international level, and witness the direct impact your work has on our company's success.
If you are interested in this opportunity, Name, Position, is looking forward to receiving your application.
For this position we only consider direct applications - thank you for your understanding.