Swiss Custody & Transfer Mainframe Application L2 Technical Support Lead
Your field of responsibility
- Mainframe Applications Production Support Lead in the back office division that hosts multiple business processing
applications, both in-house and vendor developed software platforms. These business applications process trades and
their lifecycle for Securities Settlements / Custody & Transfer Services
- In this role you are dealing with technical specialists and senior management within a banking middle / back office
function with exposure to both Securities Settlements / Custody & Transfer business flows
- Work in a dynamic and collaborative environment as L2 Production support Lead providing Mainframe application
technical hands-on support and also lead the team of 8 to 10 members
- Provide leadership guidance and mentoring a team towards production efficiency and improve support service level to
clients and stakeholders with Group Operations Users and IT (GOS) department
- A high-touch, technical deep-dive and highly responsible position that involves team management and oversight on
their daily monitoring of user queries, investigation of issues and ensuring timely response from team to internal CS
- Drive major Incident Management, Problem Management (Post-Mortem) and increase team's engagement in Change
management processes as production gate-keeper
- Lead the team towards production efficiency initiatives, monitoring improvements and automation
- The opportunity to demonstrate Cross-functional collaboration across Group Operations Service Delivery and broader
departments (IT & Business) to drive change and continuous improvements
- Responsibility for providing strategic vision and direction to teams regionally and engagement across division and
- Provide local Leadership coverage and serve as deputy to regional senior management and global lead
- Flexibility in providing out-of-hours (including weekend/holiday) support management or co-ordination for adhoc
system incident or event management as required.
Your future colleagues
Embedded in the COO Division of Credit Suisse, our function (GOS L2 Production Support) is one of the key pillars of
Group Operations Solutions. We aim to provide professional, cost-effective services to help our clients thrive. We are
a department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm's D&I ambition which is
an integral part of our global cultural values.
Your skills and experience
- University degree in Computers OR relevant apprenticeship in IT Development and Support teams
- Proven track record in leading Application support teams, ideally in Financial markets, prior exposure to IT
development and project management beneficial.
- At least 5 plus years' experience in direct support management functions including IT Service Management.
- As hands on Lead, who can inspire change, influence and lead across business and technology. You have experience
running end to end technology environment, including software, hardware, desktop, utilities and other infrastructure
- Good knowledge and a consistent record of delivering IT operational services aligned to the ITIL framework,
processes and operating procedures
- Promote a risk-aware culture; ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to
required standards and policies
- Collaborate with business partners and other IT teams to provide analysis and input into solutions and to help
troubleshoot complex incidents/problems
- Review and test new functionality, patches, and releases prior to deployment
- Exposure to the following technologies advantageous IBM Mainframe, Z/OS, PL1, IMS, CICS, JCL, CORBA, SQL
- Experience and Skills in other programming languages, Database, Unix, Windows will be an added advantage
- Fluent verbal and written communication skills in German and English are required.
Mr N. Scialom would be delighted to receive your application.
Please apply via our career portal.
Your new employer
Find a new home for your skills, ideas, and ambitions. Credit Suisse offers you the ideal environment to progress your
career, attractive benefits and excellent training.
We are a leading wealth manager with strong global investment banking capabilities founded in 1856. Headquartered in
Zurich, Switzerland, and with more than 45,000 employees from over 150 nations, we are always looking for motivated
individuals to help us shape the future for our clients.
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global
marketplace and drives our success. Our bank provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with
disabilities, as well as those with other needs or beliefs as may be protected under applicable local law. If you
require assistance during the recruitment process, please let your recruiter know.