WinGD (Winterthur Gas & Diesel Ltd.) plays a vital role in powering the marine industry and shaping our environment. As a leading developer of two-stroke, low-speed gas and diesel engines, used to power merchant shipping, our people are driving solutions on a global scale. Our target is to set the industry standard for reliability, efficiency and environmental sustainability in marine propulsion.
WinGD-designed engines are manufactured under license worldwide. Headquartered in Winterthur, Switzerland, since its inception in 1893, WinGD has preserved and continued the legacy of the Sulzer Diesel Engine business for excellence in design.
Our success in this ever evolving, competitive environment is based on the drive, innovation and passion of our diverse employee population, over 420 people worldwide, representing over 25 different nationalities. Together we work towards providing the solutions that will continue to revolutionize our industry.
WinGD is looking for a
- Manage all the resources and resource needs as well as technology needs and organise the development of the cyber security relevant components for automation and control system of large 2-stroke dual fuel engines.
- Support collection and development of all the requirements and requests for the engine's control system related to cyber security from standards as well as from classification societies and manage the requirements and requests.
- Organise the development according V-cycle and ensure the high quality of the control system.
- Cooperate with the expert team and other project teams to thus provide failure safe and emission optimized running of the engine being responsible for the cyber security architecture and concepts on the embedded control system.
- Guarantee good communication both within your project team and with other teams and projects.
- Actively support the efficient feasibility of the project status.
- Be available as single point of contact for our internal and external customers.
- MSc (or proven similar capabilities) in Computer Science, Automation & Control or an equivalent discipline
- Proven comprehensive knowledge in Software Architecture
- Proven knowledge in Automation and Control
- Proven knowledge in Project Management
- Substantiated knowledge on combustion engines, especially on large 2-stroke engines
- Open and flexible
- Good social skills, can work together with experts to find the best fitting solution
- Fluent in English and German
- An opportunity to shape the sustainability and environmental impact of the shipping industry. WinGD is on the leading edge of the technology which is shaping the future of the shipping industry
- A dynamic working environment, blending a long history of technology expertise with industry leading innovation across a global network
- Award winning and extraordinary products
- Multi-cultural and interdisciplinary teams offering diverse perspectives and collaborative thinking
- Dynamic and interactive working conditions. WinGD offers a non-hierarchical, agile structure where input and ideas are welcome
- In-house technology training and professional development opportunities
For additional information, please visit www.wingd.com
or get in contact with the Line Manager