About Idorsia Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Idorsia Ltd is reaching out for more - We have more ideas, we see more opportunities and we want to help more patients.
In order to achieve this, we will develop Idorsia into one of Europe's leading biopharmaceutical companies, with a strong scientific core.
Headquartered in the Basel Area (Allschwil) in Switzerland - a European biotech hub - Idorsia is specialized in the discovery and development of small molecules, to transform the horizon of therapeutic options. Idorsia has a broad portfolio of innovative drugs in the pipeline, an experienced team, a fully-functional research center, and a strong balance sheet - the ideal constellation to bringing R&D efforts to business success.
Idorsia was listed on the SIX Swiss Exchange (ticker symbol: IDIA) in June 2017 and has over 800 highly qualified specialists dedicated to realizing our ambitious targets.
In our Department Data Management & Analytics within Global Information Services, we are seeking a
Business Analyst Pharma International Data
The main purpose of this position is to establish a data platform that enables key users to analyze the international data including the definition & implementation of commercial KPIs
Overview of responsibilities and business impact:
- Build and maintain relationships with clients, vendors, and internal teams at external pharma data
- Support local country and global teams to identify commercial portfolio opportunities
- Share HQ client strategies and projects with high impact on local country business development
- Build, maintain and operate reliably and cost-effectively data strategy for the commercial data warehouse and commercial analytics platform
- The success of this position will result in an efficient handling of a company wide data warehouse which serves as a single point of truth. This success will have a significant positive impact on management functions in all business areas to get information faster and with higher quality which supports better management decisions
- Support and perform data sourcing, data load, analysis on external data for internal clients
- Identify issues with systems/processes and proposes solutions or improvements
- Manipulate and transform data to optimize analyses
- Complete various ad-hoc deliverables for clients that meet specifications given by client
- Focal point to communicate system related problems in collaboration with IT teams and software vendor on changes, fixes and updates
- Ongoing troubleshooting, user support, and maintenance of the systems to ensure customer satisfaction
- Guarantee compliance to CSV requirements (when applicable), IT Policies and Standards
- Minimum of University Degree - (Computer Science, Information Systems preferred) or equivalent industry experience
- 5 or more years of professional experience in the area of Commercial, Marketing and Sales Data Management & Analytics
- Preferably 5 years of experience in the pharmaceuticals industry
- Technical skills:
- Experienced in IQVIA commercial data portfolio
- Experienced in other external pharmaceutical data provider is an asset
- Experienced in Data Warehouse management, data integration, ETL, SQL, query building
- Experienced in analytical tool handling and/or Power BI is an asset
- Experienced in managing software as a service (SaaS)
- Good analytical skills with ability to understand business requirements and transform into IT solutions
- Independent, and hands-on working style, team player, highly self-motivated, proactive and change oriented
- Ability to deliver world class IT services including system availability/stability, mean time to resolve performance and outstanding user experience with technology and IT teams.
- Lean thinking capable to drive process simplicity throughout the organization by leveraging technology solutions.
- Versed in the pharmaceutical industry practices and regulations and its applicability to IT.
- Soft skills:
- Able to network and leverage strong internal and external resources and expertise to understand business challenges and opportunities and deliver relevant IT solutions.
- Strong communication skills, able to understand problems and present solutions towards business partners
- Fluent in English (written and spoken), French and/or German is a plus.
What Idorsia offers:
- Exciting opportunities for development and professional growth within our dynamic organization
- A collaborative and solution-oriented environment where you can make a difference
- An innovative and open culture in a truly multicultural environment
- A competitive salary and generous social benefits
Work Location: Allschwil - Basel Area
Business Area: Global Information Services
Job Type: Permanent
Job ID: 2847
If you are interested, please click on apply now.
Please be informed that if you are selected for this position, your employment will be subject to a pre-employment background screening process, of which you will be informed in greater detail in due course.
Idorsia operates a strictly controlled list of preferred recruitment partners. For those partners who have no valid, signed Master Service Agreement in place with Idorsia, please note that all unsolicited resumes, CVs, anonymous profiles, or any other candidate details submitted through our website or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Idorsia Pharmaceuticals (including any of its subsidiaries, affiliates or related companies) are considered the property of Idorsia Pharmaceuticals and are not subject to payment of any form of introduction, placement or referral fees.