Welcome to SMG Swiss Marketplace Group AG - the merger of Scout24 Switzerland and TX Markets.
SMG Swiss Marketplace Group AG is an innovative network of online marketplaces and a leading European digital company that simplifies people's lives with forward-looking products.
SMG Swiss Marketplace Group AG offers its customers the best tools to make their life decisions. The portfolio includes Real Estate (immoscout24.ch, homegate.ch, ImmoStreet.ch, home.ch, Acheter-Louer.ch), Automotive (autoscout24.ch, motoscout24.ch, Car For You), General Marketplaces (anibis.ch, tutti.ch, Ricardo.ch) and Finance and Insurance (financescout24.ch).
Become a part of SMG, join us in this exciting beginning and support our Real Estate team immediately or by agreement as our new
Head of Data Engineering f|m|d / hybrid work model 80-100%
About the position
- You will lead SMG's Real Estate vertical data infrastructure team, empowering and coaching a high-calibre team of data engineers while developing the data platform hands-on in collaboration.
- You will define the long-term vision for the data infrastructure, developing a roadmap to ensure that you and the team are working on the highest-priority projects and delivering business impact.
- You will carry the responsibility that the data foundation is performant and scales with business needs, relying on the definition of KPIs to measure our data platform's success.
- You will lead decisions around the design and development of the data integration pipelines for the collection, storage, and transformation of our data assets in the data lake, building upon our data technology stack (AWS, BigQuery, Snowflake, Airflow).
- You will build relationships with engineering teams, product managers, data scientists, and business and digital analysts to assess the data needs from production to consumption and guide the roadmap.
What we are looking for
- 5+ years of experience, in data field or similar quantitative roles with strong track record of technical competency
- 1+ year of management experience, ideally with a data engineering team
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Systems Design Engineering or Mathematics or equivalent experience
- Hands-on experience in cloud data infrastructure related to data ingestion, data processing, cloud data warehouse, data monitoring, data orchestration, data modeling
- Experience in modern cloud data warehouses like Azure Synapse, Amazon Redshift, Google Big Query, Snowflake etc.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a proven record of accomplishment in gathering and documenting comprehensive requirements
- Ideally experience in setting up data mesh architecture, data contracts and data catalogs
- Excellent communication skills and fluency in English
- Flexible working hours and a culture of trust
- Remote working with the possibility to work in our offices with your peers when you choose
- Regular hackathons; explore, collaborate, and ideate on the things you think matter
- Team-building activities, budget to spend time and build chemistry and trust with your team in a non-work setting or set up off-site working days to kickstart a new challenge in the most optimal way
- Great office facilities with opportunities for plenty of social interactions, After-Work-Apéros, and regular company-wide events
SMG Swiss Marketplace Group is a digital pioneer that simplifies people's lives with groundbreaking products. We aim to meet the most demanding user needs with our marketplaces. We provide our customers with the best tools for them to be successful today and in the future. We are proud that our employees come from all over the world and from diverse backgrounds, and we actively encourage their development. Swissness, growth ambition, simplicity and digital innovation define our identity.