Project Leader Data Science - strategy consulting, top management consulting
For our client in the Pharma industry based in Basel we are looking for a Project Leader Data Science.
The Project Leader Data Science supports timely and accurate delivery of the Data Science (DS) portfolio of studies and projects contributing to achieving RIS Data Services vision.
The Project Leader Data Science supports development of the team's goals and execution plan followed by adapting of the team ways of working to the new TransformD standards. He/she is responsible for timely scoping, planning, resourcing and monitoring progress of the DS portfolio, as well as communication of such activities to relevant stakeholders. He/she supports organization of daily team activities to ensure collaboration, know how sharing and leveraging best methods to deliver value.
For selected projects, he/or she acts as a project lead for a multi-disciplinary team of Quantitative Scientists, Data Scientists and Data Analysts enabling the development and delivery of DS data analytics prototypes and projects, contributing to RIS and RDS portfolios. The Project Leader Data Science supports team networking and knowledge sharing across RIS DS.
Areas of responsibility:
Builds, maintains and innovates processes and tools for Data Science portfolio management, resource allocation and project tracking:
• Supports setting the goals, ways if working and daily operations for the team
• Guides DS portfolio management
• Support scoping of projects and efficient resourcing
• Leads development of DS prototypes in close collaboration with RIS Customer Areas, RIS chapters as well as external research and commercial partners
• Plans, tracks and controls execution of the portfolio and the budget to ensure best allocation of resources
• Prepares communication materials for multiple stakeholders
• Facilitates the effective sharing of experiences and knowledge within Data Services, Advanced Analytics Network and other relevant Data Science teams
Professional and technical requirements:
• Minimum a master in business / economics / computer science / biology / chemistry / engineering / computer science / medicine or epidemiology and/or MBA
• Minimum 5 years of work experience in strategy consulting
• Minimum 5 years' experience in healthcare or life science environment
• Minimum 5 - 7 years of top management consulting
Nice to Haves:
• Experience with data privacy respective regulatory environment
• Familiarity with regulatory framework and guidelines for pharmaceutical/diagnostics products
• Solves problems in a hypothesis-driven, structured, analytical, pragmatic and end-product focused approach
• Thinks broadly, strategically, and timely when preventing, solving or managing problems, thinks quickly under pressure
• Possesses excellent leadership, planning, organizational and analytic abilities, manages multiple tasks
• Has the ability to identify and resolve critical issues and to assess the impact of decisions
• Is an excellent listener and can spot new ideas, directions and potential conflicts in DS team
• Actively establishes and maintains effective working relationships with other functions; is cooperative, takes cultural and value differences into account in dealings with others
• Communicates flawlessly and effectively in written reports, presentations and meetings
• Transparent leadership style ensuring that DS goals, its roles, and responsibilities are well communicated to the team members
Reference no: 920124 AD
Role: Project Leader Data Science
Location: Basel, Switzerland
Start date: asap
Duration: 6 months contract, possible to convert to an internal position
ITech Consult is a certified ISO 9001:2015 Swiss company with offices also located in Germany and Ireland. ITech Consult is specialised in delivering IT candidates for contract work. We were founded in 1997 by IT professionals; hence we well understand what it means to be professionally supported in your search for a new project and being employed.