Huawei is a leading global provider of information and communications technology (ICT) infrastructure and smart devices. With integrated solutions across four key domains – telecom networks, IT, smart devices, and cloud services – we are committed to bringing digital to every person, home and organization for a fully connected, intelligent world.
At Huawei, innovation focuses on customer needs. We invest heavily in basic research, concentrating on technological breakthroughs that drive the world forward. We have more than 180,000 employees, and we operate in more than 170 countries and regions.
Huawei's end-to-end portfolio of products, solutions and services are both competitive and secure. Through open collaboration with ecosystem partners, we create lasting value for our customers, working to empower people, enrich home life, and inspire innovation in organizations of all shapes and sizes.
We are currently looking for a Junior IT Engineer to join our team. Be a part of the dynamic local technical services delivery team as a Junior IT Engineer and provide efficient and high-quality technical solutions and services according to customer requirements for various IT/OSS projects in different phases.
- Be responsible for assigned tasks, such as IT Infra design, documentation, configuration, integration, migration, maintenance & operation etc.
- Implement efficient technical service solutions where applicable.
- Provide technical support and troubleshooting for technical risks/issues where needed
- Recently graduated (in 2019, 2020 or 2021) in a computer-based discipline (Computer Science, Information Systems, etc.) or equivalent experience
- Understanding of popular Virtualization technologies and experience with popular private/public cloud platforms
- Understanding of Compute (X86, ARM), Storage (FC, IP, NFS), Network (L2, Port Channel, Trunk, VLANs) technologies
- Understanding in areas of networking (e.g., Linux, network virtualization, load balancing, DNS, VPN and their application to PaaS and IaaS technologies)
- Experience with infrastructure management(e.g. monitoring), resource orchestration (e.g. NFV), Network Automation/Analytics/Operations(CI/CD, Puppet, Ansible)
- Experience with Linux/Windows system administration, cloud native application deployment (e.g. Kubernetes)
- Understanding of Switzerland’s ICT industry
- Self-motivated, proactive and target-oriented
- High flexibility and able to manage multiple tasks
- Ability to work in a culturally diverse, high paced organization
- Fluent in English is a must, every other language is an advantage
Important: To be considered for this role, applicants must be either Swiss citizens, EU-nationals or are eligible to live and work in Switzerland.
We offer you an exciting professional career in one of the leading and fastest growing multinational telecommunication companies, challenging work and a competitive salary package. Personal development is ensured through many training opportunities in Western Europe and abroad.