Founded in 2004 by a group of PhD students as a spin-off from the University of Zurich, Molecular Partners AG is a thriving and steadily growing clinical stage biotech company located in Zurich-Schlieren (Switzerland) with 160 highly qualified employees.
In order to advance modern medicine and significantly improve the management of serious diseases, we have developed and successfully established a powerful new class of potent, specific and versatile small protein therapies, called DARPin® therapeutics.
The continuous development of a broad portfolio of therapeutic product candidates in oncology and ophthalmology based on the company’s proprietary DARPin® platform allowed a successful listing of the company on the SIX Swiss Exchange (ticker: MOLN). Next to our own pipeline of drug candidates we have entered into collaborations with leading international pharmaceutical companies, including Abbvie, Novartis, Amgen, Roche and Janssen Pharmaceuticals.
The highly dedicated, multi-disciplined team at MP is committed to developing breakthrough medicines for serious diseases.
As an addition to our skilled IT team we are looking for a motivated IT Infrastructure and Operations Manager (100%). In this role you will work together with experienced colleagues.
This challenging and diverse position will include the following tasks and responsibilities:
- Act as technical expert for implementation and support of a broad range of technologies, platforms and vendors to drive targeted business outcomes;
- Establish solid IT Operations by safeguarding appropriate maintenance level/SLA of existing infrastructure;
- Understand business drivers/capabilities (current and future state) and determine corresponding solutions;
- Translate business requirements to IT solutions and orchestrate solutions delivery;
- End to end technical project management implementing and evaluating IT and business projects in line with organizational objectives;
- Maintaining knowledge of new developments and trends in information technology and plan for future business needs accordingly;
- Establish and document key IT processes consistent with ITIL and compliance/regulatory obligations;
- Identifying Cybersecurity vulnerabilities, the need for upgrades, and opportunities for improvement;
- Assist in developing security standards and best practices as part of IT strategy;
- Vendor Management incl. building and maintaining relationships with external advisors and vendors.
For this position, we are looking for a highly motivated individual bringing along:
- Degree in computer science, information systems, business administration or equivalent;
- Proof of continued education such as certifications is desirable;
- Sound working knowledge of IT operations, systems, and developments in the pharma/biotech industry;
- Minimum of 8 years experience in IT;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Proven project management skills;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Fluent in English and German (written and oral);
Valued Experience & Knowledge in:
- Cloud and mobility platform knowledge a must; Computer virtualization aptitude including Citrix Hypervisor;
- Know how in Storage and backup best practices including NetApp;
- Cloud Environments including Azure IaaS and O365;
- IT Services management across multiple/international locations;
- International pharmaceutical/biotech regulatory requirements in IT systems validation and compliance.
- Understanding of IT constraints in a Pharma/Biotech company and the growing process in-between;
- Ability to analyze requirements and develop a global IT strategy, short, medium and long term;
- Ability to align IT Strategy to the Company directions and ability to convinced the Company leadership on the strategy components;
- Ability to search and evaluate tools.