Skyguide provides air navigation services for Switzerland and certain adjacent parts of neighboring countries. With its 1500 employees at 14 locations in Switzerland, the company guides some 1,2 million civil and military flights a year safely and efficiently through Europe's most complex airspace.
We are looking for a skilled and experienced:
In cooperation with teammates around Switzerland, you will be responsible for designing, implementing, monitoring and managing local and wide area network services of Skyguide organization in ways that optimize performance, simplify management and fulfil with users' needs by ensuring high availability level and introduction of new features.
The ideal candidate is a competent individual with great understanding of technology and Networking. An analytical mindset is essential for effective troubleshooting and improving network's performance, a strong interpersonal skill is mandatory for daily collaboration with peers, engineering and customers.
As part of IT Infrastructure team, you work closely with Operations, technical units, architecture group and IT managers.
- Design, implement, control and monitor LAN/WAN network services in a challenging and demanding environment
- Ensure networking direction to project and customer, offer comprehensive advice and instructions, push and promote standardization as well as simplification
- Own responsibility of network platforms (DDI, monitoring systems, etc), manage subcontractors, platform's lifecycle and incidents
- Maximize networks performance through ongoing monitoring and troubleshooting
- Analyze system failures, identify faults and bottlenecks, propose and deploy optimal solution to ensure high availability and continuous operation
- Actively support the network unit by bringing valuable inputs and show a strong willingness to be an actor of the change
- Handle customer requests and implement approved Network changes in accordance with applicable procedures
- Proven knowledge of LAN/WAN networks, L2/L3 devices, routing and switching, network security (proxy, NAC, Firewall), and network services (DNS, DHCP)
- Experience with Extreme network devices and monitoring platform, Checkpoint Firewall, Infoblox DDI platforms
- High sense of responsibility, flexible and team oriented with ability to work autonomously and remotely in a virtual team
- Pro-active attitude, strong commitment to the mission and to the group with capacity to lead
- Outstanding diagnostic, problem-solving and analytical skills
- Good communication skills both written and oral, good command of German and English (French highly appreciated)
- Evolve easily in a multi-cultural and multi-languages environment
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly and to follow processes Commercial and business awareness
Location: Wangen b.Dübendorf When : immediately Working percentage : 80-100%
We are Looking forward to welcome a new proactive and outgoing team member with good communication skills.