BTG is a global business and leading supplier to the pulp and paper industry. We are committed to helping clients achieve significant, sustainable gains in business performance through our equipment and consumables. BTG has development and manufacturing units in Switzerland, Sweden, Finland, Germany and the USA, as well as sales and service offices in more than 20 countries around the world. In business for more than 90 years, BTG offers tailored solutions to each customer that enable them to achieve substantial savings.
Based in Eclépens, Switzerland, we have an opening for an Industrial Software Development Engineer
100% - permanent position
- Ensuring the availability of active production systems and its applications. Provide go live, multidomain technical supports, maintenance and troubleshooting to local production lines with a customer focus (~50% of working time).
- Deliver new systems and software applications for industrial manufacturing environments. Build complete innovative computer software solutions according to the object-oriented C programming framework (architect, build, design and program).
- Maintain hardware and software technology evolution (complete SDLC).
- Collaborate with various internal technical fields and external subcontractors worldwide.
- Identify, purpose and realize various improvements and evolution of functionalities
- Provide solutions and work as a valued team member to improve team’s skills
- Participation in cross-functional global company projects (continuous improvement)
- Bachelor / certified engineer. Industrial field such as: microtechnic, industrial automation, mecatronic, embedded software.
- Notion with development of advanced industrial systems including hardware and software expertises. (quality control across measurement systems)
- Interest for industrial measurement field : metrology, optical vision systems and image processing, industrial sensors, Industry 4.0 - IoT and advanced technologies.
- Programming skills in C++ /C/C# languages. (Object-oriented programming is a plus)
- Capability to troubleshoot, provide technical support and user trainings.
- Fluency in English is required (min B2), French proficiency (min C1).
- Problem solving approach and familiar with manufacturing environment (electrical & mechanical notions).
- Resourceful, curious, initative spirit, open-minded, active learning
- Synthetic analitical mind – result oriented
Jobup application only
Please note, before applying to a BTG job posting or sending us your resume/CV, kindly refer to BTG’s Recruitment Privacy Notice which is available on our website at: https://www.btg.com/en/company/corporate-responsibility/recruitment-privacy-notice/