With over a century of experience in battery research and manufacturing, Leclanché is well placed to tackle the challenges of the transition to a carbon-free society. As the only European manufacturer of both power and energy lithium-ion battery cells, Leclanché provides the most effective energy storage solutions for electric vehicles, industrial, marine, grid and microgrid applications.
Our world leading in-house technologies and ownership of the full value chain from electrochemistry to energy management software, make us unique and a partner of choice for customers who require smarter and faster energy storage solutions.
To support our e-Mobility group, we are looking to join us in our new offices in Yverdon-les-Bains, Switzerland for an:
The Application Engineer has deep technical knowledge of Leclanché products and supports multiple stakeholders through the journey from identifying new clients to commissioning battery systems. This involves, as a primary task, providing diverse technical support to the client during the different project phases with Leclanché, but also being an interface between the client and multiple stakeholders within company. The candidate requires detained knowledge of battery systems and communication protocols as well as generic industrial knowledge to be able to propose solutions in the diverse industries in which Leclanché operates.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Support sales business unit technically for new and existing clients.
- Commission new/proto battery products at clients’ site.
- Work with simulation teams to size batteries for client.
- Support verification and validation definition / execution.
- Manage technical deliveries for customers through drawings, calculation notes, analysis, and test results.
- Support building and testing prototypes.
- Provide tier 3 technical support to service engineering team, remotely or onsite, when necessary, during commissioning and repair activities.
- Provide REX (Return of Experience) feedback to Development team.
- Produce / edit diverse product documentation.
- Support in prototype production, validation and testing.
- Provide support to Software teams in developing new BMS functions.
Skills and Experience:
- Engineering degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or similar field.
- At least 5 years experience developing batteries (up to 1200V) in an industrial setting – Automotive, Marine, Railway etc.
- Use and configuration of various communication protocols – CanBus, CanOpen, Ethernet, etc. and a strong ability to analyze and interpret data.
- Knowledge of industry standards and regulations (e.g., IEC 62928, EN50155 EN 45545, ISO 17025, ECE R-100, DNVGL standards etc.).
- Customer focus: Acts with the customer in mind.
- Initiative and Adaptability: Seizes opportunities in a proactive way.
- Result Orientation: Possesses and applies knowledge and skills necessary for task completion.
- Communication: Written and verbal communications are clear, concise and understandable.
- Teamwork: Works cooperatively with others and as part of a team.
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to analyze and interpret customer projects, test data. etc.
- Demonstrable ability to communicate, present and influence key stakeholders at all levels.
- English a must.
- French, German or other European language is a plus.
This job will require some travelling (up to 20%).
We offer an interesting employment opportunity in an international growing company, dynamic and collaborative working environment, possibility to work on innovative projects and continuous professional growth.
Please note that we have an established hybrid working pattern in place.
Passion for work, initiative and adaptability, impact and influence, innovation and decisiveness are the key attributes we are looking for.
If you are Swiss or EU citizen, or hold a valid work permit, please apply and send your full application only in English.