Founded in 2017, Unit8 is a fast-growing Swiss AI and data analytics company dedicated to solving complex problems of traditional industries like automotive, chemical, finance, manufacturing and pharma. We work with some of the biggest organisations in the world to solve the challenges that directly affect their business, be it operations, finance, manufacturing or R&D. Since our foundation, we have successfully delivered more than 45 projects.
Unit8’s mission is to drive the adoption of AI and Data Science in the non-digital industries and to help accelerate their digital transformation. Among its activities, Unit8 dedicates a part of its resources and time on projects that deeply matter to us - that includes collaboration on pro-bono and “engineering for good” cases.
Are You the team member we are looking for?
Unit8 is looking for an efficient Project Manager to support our new engagements. Your mission will to collaborate closely with our clients to help them achieve their goals. You will be representing our engineering team and working together to deliver data products and solutions. Apart of it you will be responsible for handling day to day operations of our organisation related to technological aspects.
Why this role?
- You want to be responsible for the success of the projects and fostering great relationship with our clients.
- You want to have impact on critical parts of client's industry by solving real business problems.
- You want to work with a team of world-class engineers.
- You are a client-oriented person and enjoy both working with people, as well as solving technical problems.
What You'll do
- Work with the clients to understand, decompose and help solve their problems using data.
- Maintain high-quality relationships with the key stakeholders.
- Advise clients on the technical solutions and explain different tradeoffs.
- Implement solutions together with an engineering team.
- Present work to stakeholders and top management.
- Help scope and draft proposals for new engagements.
- Provide technology strategy planning
- Integrate information technologies into the company for optimal effectiveness
- Understand current and future business goals and ongoing IT issues to ensure business success
- Develop a renewal and upgrade schedule for company software programs and
- Ensure that employees are following computer use policies, information security and privacy
- Participate in recruitment, orientation and ongoing training of new IT staff
- Supervise and direct IT personnel
Who You Are:
- You have proven track record of delivering Data solutions in a production environment or working in an IT company as a project manager level.
- You have expertise in one or more of the following fields: Data engineering, Data warehousing, System Architecture, investigation, Project Management, Software Engineering.
- You have hands-on programming experience with one of the following : Python, Java, C++, C#, Scala or any other computer language in fashion.
- You have minimum 5+ years work experience.
- Prior experience leading teams would be a plus.
- You are familiar with and enjoy working in an agile environment.
- You have strong communication and interpersonal skills.
What We Offer
- Work on client projects that have a concrete impact on the business.
- Exposure to wide variety of projects, industries and technologies. Each client is different and provides unique opportunities to learn.
- Ability to contribute to internal open-source projects like Darts or our MLOps platform.
- The opportunity to join a fast-growing service company with a start-up atmosphere.
- Tailor-made mentorship program.
- Learning activities such ML and Engineering Reading Groups.
- Knowledge sharing sessions with other engineers.
- Compensation package including base salary, yearly bonus based on the performance of the company.
- 10% of the time for self-development.
- 30 paid days off
- Cross offices/company wide frequent events (off-site or on-line) as well as Fun Fund to spend with the team on after work activities.