Speedgoat GmbH, headquartered in Liebefeld close to Bern, develops and sells complete software and hardware development platforms for real-time simulation and testing.
To extend the technical sales team at Speedgoat Switzerland, we are seeking a technology and product champion to handle and promote the technical capabilities of our hardware solutions for Real-Time Simulation and Testing, based on Simulink Real-Time™ from MathWorks. MathWorks’ and Speedgoat’s products allow our customers to continuously verify and validate their designs along a complete Model-Based Design workflow.
Our customers are engineers and scientists developing next generation controls, DSP and vision technologies such as for autonomous cars, electric aircrafts, robots, smart grids, power plants, smartphones and augmented reality technologies. Our solutions allow them to continuously verify and validate their designs along a complete Model-Based Design workflow using MATLAB® and Simulink®, including virtual and real physical testing.
You are a member of the Technical Support and Training team, part of the Customers department. As Application Support Engineer, you directly engage with customers to ensure successful adoption of real-time simulation and testing solutions. You act as a connection between Speedgoat and our customers, and closely collaborate with Sales, Development and partners.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Help engineers and scientists by providing technical assistance during development and execution of real-time testing
- Prepare and deliver technical presentations and product demonstrations
- Share technical expertise on Speedgoat products with customers and internally
- Support system commissioning with onsite coaching activities
- Contribute to products improvements by reporting user experience to Speedgoat development and production teams
- Work closely with MathWorks advanced support and development organization to solve complex technical problems involving hardware and software components
- Create knowledge articles, examples and instructions to address questions and problems
- Bachelor or master degree in engineering, computer science or equivalent
- Good skills in MATLAB and Simulink, enthusiasm for model-based design
- Exposure to MathWorks products for real-time testing (Simulink Real-Time), code generation (Simulink Coder, HDL Coder), physical modeling (SimScape), user interface development (MATLAB App Designer), and test automation (Simulink Test) is desired
- Familiarity with analog and digital I/O interfaces and communication protocols such as CAN, UART, SPI, XCP, EtherCAT, etc.
- Experience with embedded software engineering, rapid controller prototyping, hardware in the loop and real-time testing is desired
- Excellent presentation skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English is essential, fluency in French, German or any other language would be beneficial
- Previous experience in customer-facing positions is a plus
- Problem-solving skills and customer-centric mindset are required
- Willingness to travel up to 20%
This is your chance to contribute to complex engineering solutions in electrification, autonomous technologies, and automation.