Writing the future. Together.
Avaloq is a value driven, fast-paced financial technology and services company and we are committed to developing the banking solutions of tomorrow.
By joining Avaloq, you’ll become a key part of our effort to power the digital transformation of the financial services industry. Our ambition is big and bold – to provide full end-to-end digital solutions by combining our leading efficiency with a flexible, responsible digital user experience. Headquartered in Zurich, Avaloq has over 2,000 employees globally. More information is available at www.avaloq.com
If you buy shares, take out a loan, withdraw money from an ATM or carry out any other financial transaction, there is a good chance that you have used our software. We implement the technical framework for banking that ensures financial systems keep track of financial transactions and positions. Therefore, we are looking for a motivated software engineer who is interested in banking and challenging technical problems. We want you to work with us to develop the best banking software product on the market.
As a member of the Core Banking development team, you will be part of a group of highly qualified, motivated, and dynamic employees who are responsible for very central parts within the Avaloq Banking Suite, such as the entire position keeping for various financial products.
We place great trust in you and give you the freedom to help shape the banking framework on which the rest of the company is built. The company's non-hierarchical structure brings you into contact with a wide range of industry experts. In addition to these experts, external partners and customers will also help you and challenge you to constantly improve your knowledge of how to develop great software and the business processes involved. Together with our software experts, you analysze customer requirements and drive the design of new or the improvement of existing functionalities.
The Avaloq Banking Suite is one of the largest PL/SQL applications in the world. Development in PL/SQL takes place in our integrated development environment - a customized Eclipse platform. This in turn is tightly integrated with a build automation and delivery system, enabling a standardized and automated process. Our microservices are Java-based and developed in IntelliJ/Bitbucket.
- Drive the design of new product features and functionality in collaboration with business analysts, product owners, software architects and fellow developers
- Maintenance of existing functionality
- Extension of Avaloq’s standard product configuration
- Analyze and implement customer requirements
- Work in an Agile environment, helping to constantly improve our processes and introduce new technologies
- Provide support to other development teams
- Technical support of customer projects
- Work on interdisciplinary innovation projects
- Development of automated tests
What you need
- University degree in computer science, business informatics, computer/electronic engineering or equivalent experience
- Experience with PL/SQL
- Experience with Java, JavaEE and Spring Boot / microservices
- Solid knowledge of software engineering with experience developing complex applications
- Open minded, team oriented and communicative
- Eager to learn and take on new challenges
- Strong written and spoken English language skills
You will get extra points for the following
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to think abstractly is a strong plus
- Interested in the banking business and basic understanding of double entry bookkeeping
- German language
Now let's talk about perks and compensation
We offer high flexibility in regards to working models (e.g. part time and home office models are possible depending on business requirements). Our base salaries are competitive and if you prove to be a superstar, you might even be entitled to an extraordinary achievement reward. Avaloq aims to share its success with all its employees by paying out “Success Share Units” depending on its performance in a given year.
At Avaloq we embrace diversity, we embrace difference. We are whole-heartedly committed to equal employment opportunities and we foster an inclusive culture where everyone’s' contributions are valued and their voices are listened to. We hire, compensate and promote regardless of origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other fascinating characteristics that make us different. Please note that our job descriptions are intended to be written in an inclusive and gender neutral language.
Don’t be shy – apply!
Please only apply online, preferably with pdf documents.
Note to Agencies: All unsolicited résumés will be considered direct applicants and no referral fee will be acknowledged.