With around 150 employees, SWITCH supports universities, research institutions and critical infrastructure organisations in Switzerland on their way to a secure and trustworthy digital age. With innovative IT services, secure infrastructures, expert advice and the networking of relevant specialist communities, we help our customers to make effective and efficient use of the opportunities offered by digitisation.
In collaboration with universities, SWITCH is setting up a joint Community Security Operation Centre (Community SOC) that will serve the specific requirements of Swiss universities and research institutions and make an important contribution to improve security of the participating institutions. The SWITCH Community SOC designs, builds and delivers various security services that help to improve the security posture of its members. The services range from analysis of security events and threats to the design and management of specific Use Cases, Threat Intelligence, Threat Hunting and Community Work.
We are looking for a junior member to complement our team of 6 as a Security Analyst.
Junior Cyber Security Analyst (80-100% - all genders)
Your main tasks are
- Monitoring of infrastructures for suspicious activities and anomalies together with our partners and customers
- Classification and management of security alerts from SIEM or EDR and handling of security incidents
- Further analysis based on data and information from various sources (Threat Hunting)
- Independent development of use cases to detect suspicious activities
- Application of attack scenarios to improve existing/new use cases
- Further development of the security incident handling and response processes, as well as the entire cyber security services (service portfolio, automation, improvement of processes)
- Create vulnerability analyses and discuss the results with engineering teams and customers
- Work with our community on different Security related topics
What you bring
- Education in Cyber Security
- Experience with SIEM and/or EDR products, ideally with MS Sentinel and Defender for Endpoint
- An analytical mindset and a methodical approach to problem solving
- Strong interest and understanding of the complexity of IT-infrastructures
- Knowledge and skills in Microsoft Windows or Linux system administration
- You know about current attack vectors and maybe have experience with offensive security tooling (PenTesting / RedTeaming)
- Very good spoken and written English skills as well as one other national language (German, French)
- Willingness to collaborate within the SOC team, the Security competence center of SWITCH and to provide value to our community members
What you should know about us
- Working on securing the Swiss higher education sector - an interesting and challenging, very diverse environment by closely working together with the Security and IT departments of our community members
- Working in the SWITCH Security competency center with the SWITCH CERT with more than 25 Security specialists ranging from Awareness, Digital Forensics, Incident Response and Crisis Management and much more
- We value Continuous Education and give you the time and the resources to keep up to date with the latest developments.
- A workplace in the heart of Zurich, Lausanne or from your home.
Does that sound exciting in itself? Then find out more about what it's like to work at SWITCH
and get an overview of the benefits
Your contact for this position:
People & Culture
Tel. 044 253 98 25Do you have questions?
If you have any questions before you send us your application documents, get in touch with email@example.com
. Jennifer will be happy to answer your questions and explain everything about SWITCH.
Mehr Informationen auf: www.switch.ch
You can find more job offers on switch.ch/jobs