Sonar’s industry-leading solution enables developers and development teams to write clean code and remediate existing code organically, so they can focus on the work they love and maximize the value they generate for businesses. Its open source and commercial solutions – SonarLint, SonarCloud, and SonarQube – support 30 programming languages. Trusted by more than 400,000 organizations globally, Sonar is considered integral to delivering better software.
Sonar provides a series of products to help engineers eliminate bugs and vulnerabilities and champion quality code in the software development process. Our products are already the standard products that extend GitHub, Bitbucket, and Azure DevOps. Our goal is to make these products the ultimate automatic code analysis solution and get it adopted by millions of users for millions of projects and billions of lines of code.
To achieve this, our internal delivery organization has an Operations team that has a mission to “Support and Scale our business by providing a stable, secure, and frictionless technology environment.”
We manage several systems that support the organization, enabling teams and individuals to deliver their best work. Therefore there is also a continuous stream of planned work that needs to be executed, which requires a strong background in Agile Project Management to help us on our continuous journey of improvement. To reach this goal, we are looking for a talented IT Portfolio Manager - you! - to join the SonarSource team.
The impact you can have
We are still at the beginning of our growth journey, we are therefore putting in place new processes, technologies, and operating models on a continuous basis. Your role is pivotal as a part of the IT Ops team to manage the delivery of these projects, which vary from large-scale efforts like establishing global access control systems to implementing automated user provisioning processes and migrating cloud workloads to new providers. You would be a member of a team that manages IT Operations across all our 5 offices: Austin (Texas US), Geneva (Switzerland), Bochum (Germany), Annecy (France), and Singapore.
On a daily basis, you will
- Working with the teams, oversees the collective portfolio of software development projects, ensuring a holistic visibility and alignment of priority at the portfolio level; and verifying the delivery of outcomes.
- Ensures projects within the portfolio are defined, tracked, and communicated in a consistent and effective manner.
- Assists the teams with planning and prioritizing software development projects, providing expert knowledge and mentoring of project management methodology approaches, techniques, and tools.
- Maintains an overall view of all work going on within the teams.
- Drives the establishment of common agile practices for project & portfolio management, and the definition of leaner ways of working & project execution across the teams.
- Continuously improves the common practices and ways of working by evaluating the teams’ feedback.
- Acts as liaison between the teams, 3rd parties, and other stakeholders from roadmap through benefits realization.
- Elevates innovation, simplification, and organizational change with an emphasis on cultural alignment across the teams.
- Overall, enable the teams to deliver by removing roadblocks and disruptive elements.
- Report and escalate to management as needed.
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques.
- Develop a detailed project plan including project schedule, issues/risk log, and regular reporting to monitor and track progress.
The skills you will demonstrate
- Being proactive in taking ownership of project deliverables within the team
- 10+ years of total software project management, PMO, and portfolio management experience
- Experience in software development
- Demonstrated ability to drive the project to meet deliverable deadlines
- Passionate commitment to helping the team meet delivery goals
- Presenting project team readouts to all levels of stakeholders
- Highly organized with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Not afraid of rolling up your sleeves and helping make things happen
- Experience in the software development industry.
- Knowledge of or at least familiarity with Agile and Lean portfolio management techniques.
- Preferably, technical knowledge of dev&ops and cloud domains.
- Sense of ownership with a hands-on approach.
- Strong Plus - Experience working with open-source products and modern Cloud systems (preferably AWS)
Required soft skills
- Understanding that the key to successful project management is strong relationships
- Highly autonomous and pragmatic
- Open-minded and very positive can-do attitude
- Comfortable in dealing with change and complexity
- Self-confident enough to challenge the status quo as well as to receive feedback
- Leadership: you take the initiative and demonstrate your ability to lead a subject from the beginning to the end
- Ability to lead change of infrastructure and work with employees to adapt to change
- Valuing “done” over “perfect”
Words from the team
Our team is made of passionate teammates making sure that we can provide a seamless service to meet the company's needs. We use Cloud Service Providers to achieve our objectives and leverage SaaS best-of-breed solutions. We help the internal teams and users across our 5 campuses in Austin, Annecy, Bochum, Geneva, and Singapore and take pride in enabling teams to deliver their very best work at Sonar.
Why you will love it here
• Safe work culture - we value respect, kindness, and the right to fail.
• Flexible hours - we schedule our days in order to be effective at work, while also being able to enjoy life’s important moments.
• Great people - we value people skills as much as technical skills and strive to keep things friendly and laid back. Still, that does not prevent us to be passionate leaders in our domains. Our 300+ SonarSourcers from 33 different nationalities can relate!
• Work-life balance - keeping a healthy work-life balance is important. This is why we have a hybrid work policy and some people prefer working some days from home.
• Always keep learning - in an ever-changing industry, learning new skills is a must, and we're happy to help our team to acquire them.
What we do
Sonar was started by a team of developers that wanted to change the way code is built in an agile development process. The company was created to develop the open-source tool SonarQube, which is now the standard in code quality management with over 350,000 instances deployed today. Every day we are focused on solving developers’ next big problem.
Who we are
At Sonar we believe in people, excellence, and delivery. We’re a team of problem solvers and overachievers who seek out others who are also passionate and relentless in their respective missions. We want to work with people who are ready to fasten their seat belts and be part of an incredible ride. We work hard not because we’re told to, but because we genuinely love what we do and do what we love. If there’s one main message we want you to remember about us, it’s that we push others to be best in class at whatever they do: choose your battle, innovate, take risks, and lead change. Join us; we’ll be smarter and stronger together.
If this sounds like you, apply now!