This is who we are
The online shops digitec.ch and galaxus.ch together form Digitec Galaxus AG.
As the largest Swiss online retailer with a range of over five million products, Galaxus offers pretty much everything. Digitec is Switzerland's most relevant platform for digital products such as IT, telecommunications and consumer electronics.We are taking some time off. If you'are submitting an application, please be aware that there will be a little delay - we won't be able to get back to you before January 15.
We are a strong team
Do you want to work on the largest online shop in Switzerland? Team Empire is looking for a Data Platform Engineer. As a Data Platform Engineer you play a crucial role in designing, implementing, and maintaining our data platform infrastructure on the Google Cloud Platform on which run features like this
. You work closely with cross-functional teams to ensure the smooth operation of our data systems and enable efficient data processing, storage, and analysis.
Data Platform Engineer
- Design, develop, and operate scalable data platform solutions towards a data mesh
- Maintain and optimize the data platform for performance, scalability, and reliability
- Enable data scientists, analysts, and engineers to discover, activate and exchange data
- Implement federated data governance measures with support of our Data Architect and our Data Protection Officer
- As part of a Scrum team, you are responsible for independently driving the domain forward and helping to shape our vision, roadmap and features
- Stay up-to-date with emerging technologies and industry trends to continuously enhance our data platform
- You have a higher specialized education in the field of computer science (ETH/UNI/FH)
- At least 5 years of professional experience in Python programming
- DevOps skills, including experience with CI/CD, infrastructure automation, configuration management, and deployment tools (e.g., GitHub, Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform)
- Solid understanding of distributed systems, data processing frameworks (e.g., Spark, Airflow), and cloud technologies (ideally GCP)
- Experience in designing and building large-scale data platforms and infrastructure and familiar with data warehouse solutions (preferably BigQuery) and ETL/ELT processes & tools
- Knowledge of stream processing frameworks (e.g., Kafka, Flink) is a plus
- Excellent communication and teamwork abilities in German and English
- A chance to work on a cutting-edge data platform (see TechRadar) and concepts like data mesh and streaming in a company that deeply lives by the platform mindset
- A motivated and humorous team that likes direct and uncomplicated communication
- Many opportunities to develop professionally, such as workshops, brown bag lunches, guilds and of course our EDU points
- Opportunity to take part in various fun events such as hackathons, hiking, skiing, LAN parties, or Friday night drinks
- After-work events and drinks in the in-house café-bar "Pause" & special prices on our entire range (Digitec & Galaxus)
- You can flexibly arrange your working hours and locations - home office and remote work are here to stay.
What's going on at Digitec Galaxus?
- Company culture that's driven by rapid failure and learning - our values.
- Want to know more about us? [Go to our tech blog here](https://www.galaxus.ch/en/magazine?filter=t_Topic%3D1497%2Ct_Category%3D27)
We are looking forward to your application via our online application tool.
(Applications must be submitted via the online application tool only, otherwise they cannot be processed.
We will only consider direct applications. Applications from recruitment agencies will not be considered).
Your contact for this vacancy:
Digitec Galaxus AG
Elena Efimova, HR Recruitment
044 575 98 20
Digitec Galaxus is part of the Migros Group.
For more job opportunities, visit migros-gruppe.jobs.