ABOUT CBRE DATA CENTER SOLUTIONS
CBRE Data Centre Solutions (DCS) is a part of the CBRE Group with over 115.000 employees worldwide and delivers fully integrated real estate, facilities and technology solutions for data centre owners, occupiers and investors across the globe. As a dedicated business line within CBRE, DCS is dedicated to solving complex challenges within every stage of the data centre lifecycle.
We provide our employees the best conditions to develop professionally and personally and to realise their full potential in the course of their career.
Join us now in Winterthur (Switzerland) and bring your unique talent and skills to our Team.
The main purpose of this job is to carry out planned and reactive ICT Data Centerrelated hardware & cabling task on behalf of CBRE.
- Help deploy and support data centre Infrastructures
- Responsible for maintaining and reacting to established monitoring, and ticketing systems
- Support the team isolating and resolving ICT Service issues
- Work collaboratively with other in-house data centre engineers and customer if/when requested
- Assist CBRE ICT Team Lead & Customer with ICT projects to better support and manage the data centre
- Assisting with data centre infrastructure growth projects and external teams for the installation of new data centre equipment (If required by Apple and agreed by CBRE management)
- Assist with maintaining data hall security within the data centre environment
- Complying with Health and Safety within the data centre environment/complex
- Escorting/supervising third party vendors within data centre
- Good mental and physical experience completing rack & stack of various IT hardware
- Raising, Managing & Closing Service Tickets
- Installation & decommissioning of redundant equipment and cabling
- Working with copper and fibre networks including cable types & testing
- Low level network device configuration (Management Layer via script instruction if required)
- Working with customers media and responsible for the support and processing of it
- Support within DC Operations
- Creating, maintaining and updating ICT documentation as required
- Complying with risk management in data centre environment.
- Completion of asset Management/ICT audit tasks when required
- Compliance with information security standards (Infosec)
- Assist with other works that are DC related when required
- Ensuring that all work areas and general DC is clean and tidy when & where possible
- Relevant working experience in a similar ICT role
- Good understanding of Data Centers or other critical environments
- Experience in ICT hardware equipment installation and integration
- Initial experience with fibre and copper data cabling and the installation of them
- Knowledge of install/move/decommission processes within DC environment
- Proactive, hands-on approach, experienced, diligent, passionate and a willingness to help
- Ability to work both independently with little supervision as well as in a team environment
- Excellent English communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Self-motivated, approachable, adaptable and customer oriented
- ICT or data centre certification is desirable but NOT a requirement
- Well organised and methodical approach with a high attention to details
- Good language skills in both German and English
- Future-proof job opportunity with a true development guarantee at the world´s largest supplier for fully integrated Data Center services
- International working environment with inspiring cross-border career opportunities
- TOP trainings with internationally recognized state-of-the-art certifications
- Attractive salaries with an annual salary assessment/increase + good bonuses, pension and insurance programmes and other good social benefits
- Creative working culture with challenging responsibilities and a high level of autonomy
- DIVERSITY, OCCUPATIONAL SAFETY and WORK-LIFE BALANCE are practiced values!
Do you need more good reasons? Please take a look at our recent won awards:
- Data Center Company of the Year 2023 (DCS Awards)
- Data Centre Service Provider of the Year 2022 (Datacloud Global Awards)
- Data Centre Managed Services Vendor of the Year 2022 (DCS Awards)
- Commitment to Diversity and Talent Development Award 2022 (Datacloud Global Awards)
- Best Employer for Training 2022 (WOMEN in TECH Employer Awards)
HAVE WE AROUSED YOUR INTEREST?
If yes, please submit your application documents (CV, selected certificates, no cover letter necessary) incl. your availability and salary expectations via our application system. Please refer to the ref.-no. 141584 in your application.
For the sake of the environment, we kindly ask you to apply exclusively via e-Mail and to refrain from post applications.